Thursday, June 25, 2009

K-Dub

Before the race, I was a bit anxious about doing that climb 28 times, but to my surprise the pace wasn't too bad. For most of the race, I was either on the back, sitting in, or on the front, covering moves, and praying for them not to stick. With about 5 laps to go, the peloton split, with about 10 riders in each group and 3 riders off the front. At 4 to go, a prime $35 prime was announced. Being the broke student/cyclist that I am, I decided that might be a nice time to go off the front. Within a couple of kilometers, I couldn't see the peloton. With 3 laps to go, I had my own follow car. I knew then that the last 20 km of that race were going to hurt. I ended up staying off the front, and finishing in fourth place. This was my best result on the road yet.

My next race is tomorrow. I will be racing Madison in Detroit. Let track season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment