Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bloomer UIV 3-Day - Day One

Day One of the 3-day had a rough start. With a total of 9 teams (from Colorado, California, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Texas and of course Ontario), I had a hard time finding my legs for the first few races. The races are being run by UIV rules, which means everyone has an 88" gear restriction (49x15).

The first event was a flying 200m, where I placed 5th out of 18, with a time of 12.08s.

After that came a one mile scratch race for each team member. Daniele placed 2nd in his, and I was 3rd.

The first Madison was 60 laps, and my legs felt like dirt. I found myself on the back of the pack, feeling like I was in a 70" gear. I couldn't figure out what happened to me.

The miss-and-out came next with points going to the top 10 riders. I just missed out on points getting boxed in. Daniele ended up in 2nd getting pipped at the line by Team USA.

The last event of the night was a 100 lap Madison, where I finally found my legs. I was finally able to launch and chase down attacks, instead of barely holding onto the back. We won a few of the intermediate sprints, but most importantly, we won the last sprint for double points.

Daniele and I are now in 2nd place, only 8 points down from first.

Full results at www.nas-track.com/velodrome/pages/results/20090710.pdf

Steve

ps. Hit 108.3km/h behind the motor on Tuesday!
pps. GO WIGGINS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment