Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bloomer UIV 3-Day - Days Two and Three

Days two and three had almost identical schedules to the first day.


Day two started off well, with Daniele and I each winning our respective scratch race. Nothing eventful occurred until the final Madison, where Team USA latched onto Team Mountain Khaki as they took a lap. I didn't have the reaction to get onto that move, and the rest of the field wasn't about to help us out. Going into day 3, we would be in third place.

On day three, Daniele and I knew that the only way to regain second place would be to get a lap back on Team USA, and completely forget about points. We kept the pressure on the entire time, with Daniele launching attack after attack. These efforts were futile, as Team USA stayed on us every time.

We ended up in third overall. I was pretty disappointed, but it was definitely a good learning experience, and it only made me stronger.

I am now in Trexlertown Pennsylvania living the life of a pro. All I do is ride, eat, sleep, and lay by the pool. The main event is tomorrow night. I will be competing in a 2 mile scratch race, a 25 lap (x 333m) points race, and a 5 mile scratch race. They are expecting 15 countries to be represented.

I will try to do a more timely report after tomorrow, but in case I don't... www.thevelodrome.com/raceresults.php

No comments:

Post a Comment